Plays App Update 2.2.3 (August 21, 2019)
Your timeline will now include content from people you follow! (You can also filter it back to just friends if you prefer)
Missing the old buddylist? Good news: we brought it back! See what your friends are playing and hop in their spectate stream from the app sidebar.
We’ve also improved how we upload your videos, and will optimize your local content to improve upload speed, so get to uploading those plays!
- Connect your Steam account and find your Steam friends who are on Plays
- Manual recording now has a start/stop button in app header
- Easily see + modify all the in-game hotkeys from Settings -> Keybinds
- Improved publish flow with fewer steps
- Update status header for more clarity + better sharing options
- Always show one-click update when available
- Moved “Save clip locally on upload” from settings page to upload page for ease of access
- Added an option to turn off “optimize for upload” if saving clips locally
- Improved app startup process + error states
- Included user/hashtag auto-complete in spectate chat
- Improved screenshot page load
- Show title length limit when editing content
- General UI improvements and optimizations
- Fixed the editor volume slider disappearing too fast
- Fixed upload failed notification not appearing
- Fixed messaging badge not clearing on logout
- Fixed an issue with uploading multiple clips from the same video
- Fixed thumbnails not appearing for certain games
- Fixed shift+select not working in some cases on the Local tab
- Fixed screenshots occasionally uploading twice
- Fixed an issue where Local tab filters would reset when saving clips
- Fixed clipboard feedback not displaying on screenshot page
Plays App Update 2.2.1 (August 1, 2019) / 2.2.2 (August 2, 2019)
You can now share your content directly to external platforms within Plays! By clicking the paper airplane icon for any screenshot or video, you can now select Reddit, Facebook, or Twitter to send your favorite moment. You can also still copy the link directly from the card or this improved view, or send it to one of your friends directly on Plays.
We’ve also made a lot of UI tweaks: Plays still has all the same features, but a couple things have moved to make it easier to use.
Screenshots will now automatically be scanned if you change directories or reinstall! Your old screenshots may not show in this update, but if you change directories we’ll find them and display them with your other local Plays files!
- Improved performance when browsing your local content
- Updated the header to show your status in a more compact format
- Added a link to recording mode settings directly in the header
- Updated the look and feel of buttons and other small elements around the app
- Updated editor to better work on smaller screens
- Cleaned up social accounts displaying on people’s profiles
- Updated the location of Account Settings (which is now located in Settings > Account)
- Updated the look of sharing content to a conversation or an external platform
- Updated uploads to alert you when they’re missing a description
- Updated the taskbar to show when you have new messages
- Fixed an issue where users would sometimes not receive an Invite Link
- Fixed an issue where the overlay wasn’t displaying the save clip notification fast enough
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the same video would display on the timeline twice
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the timeline would break
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the application would fail to load
- Fixed an issue where Plays would sometimes open out of view
- Fixed an issue where the description for publishing content would not match the desired description
- Fixed an issue where sometimes notifications would show without new messages
- Fixed an issue where sometimes webcam wouldn’t appear in recordings
- Fixed an issue with duplicate bookmarks
- Fixed an issue where if you had a certain Windows 10 version, DX9 games would appear as black recordings
Plays App Update 2.2.0 (July 11, 2019)
Screenshots and Publishing
Have you captured a favorite screenshot with plays? Now you can share them with your friends just like videos! Published screenshots will be seen by your friends via your profile and timeline. Send screenshots via messaging for easy access. Previously, friends could only view them, but now they are able to comment and react. Screenshots will now also trigger relevant alert notifications for your friends and followers. We’ve also changed where and how screenshots are being saved. Your local screenshots can be seen in the local tab along side your locally saved recordings. Content that is uploaded, automatically or otherwise, will display on your uploaded tab.
Clarified uploaded and local content by renaming navigation tabs
Clarified published content on both uploaded view and timeline
Improved the way screenshots and videos unfurl when linked on Reddit, Discord, Facebook, and Twitter
Improved the way content tiles fit in each tab
Improved deleting from the uploaded tab by removing multi-delete to help avoid accidentally deleting things
Improved the organization of the uploaded tab so you can continuously scroll to see all content that has been uploaded to your account
Fixed an issue where game recording may fail if the game was not in focus for some time after it launched
Fixed an issue where some videos would have visual artifacts
Fixed an issue where videos would stutter using some AMD cards
Fixed an issue where some recordings would fail due to an odd game window size when using AMD cards
Fixed an issue where recording would fail on some NVIDIA laptops
Fixed an issue where avatars in alert notifications looked low quality
Fixed issue where timeline wouldn't work for certain videos
Fixed an issue where “copy link” didn’t always work correctly
Plays App Update 2.1.9 (June 19, 2019)
Sign up and Log in have gotten a visual upgrade!
You can now access your account settings in the app using the gear icon next to your username
Navigation has received a textual update to better reflect what each tab contains
Onboarding modals have been updated to allow more customization of your profile
Account Settings is now available in the app in order to update your avatar, bio, and connected external accounts
Desktop Recording now works for Intel and NVIDIA laptops
Published videos from you and your friends now display in a more appropriate order in your timeline
The copy url quick link button has been made more accessible across the app
You can now set your webcam opacity to 0% if you’d like!
Fixed an issue where Plays couldn’t reach the encoder server
Fixed an issue where full screen videos wouldn’t play the correct audio
Fixed an issue where saving clips was not working when using Manual Recording mode
Fixed an issue where Push To Talk was not working when using Desktop Recording mode
Fixed an issue where a video could not be deleted after creating a clip from it
Plays App Update 2.1.8 (May 30, 2019)
Publishing allows you to take uploaded hidden content and push it to your profile and timeline
Timeline! You can now see videos that your friends publish!
- Friends who are streaming are now displayed on your timeline
Links to usernames and hashtags are now clickable in Spectate chat
Links will now be clickable in Spectate chat
Plays will now warn you if you’re trying to quit but currently have a recording in progress
The volume icon will now visually show you if you’re low volume vs. higher volume
Desktop recording now works for AMD machines
Fixed an issue where connected accounts will no longer randomly unbind if they fail to authenticate
Plays App Update 2.1.7 (May 08, 2019)
Home tab includes your uploaded content. This includes automatically uploaded clips, screenshots, and videos saved to your profile
Created an informative banner for when NVIDIA drivers need to be updated to solve recording issues that are out of our control
You can now grab a personal invite link to send to your friends! Find it in your People tab. If your friend uses this link, you will automatically get sent a friend invite when they sign up!
“Read” messages improvement
Some error banners improved to include links to FAQ pages
You can now increase the quality of your spectate stream if viewers are complaining it’s too low. Find it next to the send stream link on Home
Uploading videos now have a cancel button that will stop the upload
Made the deleted video page look nicer if you somehow ended up landing on that page
There is now a play indication on a paused stream while you’re spectating your friend
Fixed an issue where manual recording videos were not being played correctly
Fixed an issue where recordings wouldn’t have sound
Fixed an issue where videos would end up with missing componentes and therefore look black
Fixed an issue around DX9 encoding
Fixed an issue where multi-clip creation would fail
Fixed an issue around computers that have both an Intel iGPU and NVIDIA card
Fixed an issue where creating a clip out of a long video would take a very long time
Fixed an issue where screenshots would be too dark at times
Fixed an issue that would cause recording failures if the Windows user’s name had foreign characters in it
Fixed an issue where a recorded video would be brighter than it should be
Fixed an issue around audio capture if Asus Sonic Studio III was running in the background
Fixed an issue where Plays didn’t play nicely with the Windows Task View feature
Fixed an issue around recording when disk space is low
Fixed an issue around ctrl clicking in the app
Fixed an issue which would sometimes cause the app to appear in an offline state even though you had internet
Fixed an issue around League Deep Integration pins not showing up for some people
Fixed an issue around the HUD freezing randomly
Fixed an issue around changing your username and seeing the old username places it shouldn’t be
Fixed an issue around auto manage space when your hard drive is full of other stuff like games, documents, and images
Fixed an issue where manual in game bookmarks weren’t displaying properly
Fixed an issue around logging out and back in again
Fixed an issue where when spectating someone, the page would refresh and you would lose your chat and volume settings
Fixed an issue where others in the spectate session would sometimes show up as ???
Fixed an issue where copying a url to clipboard would sometimes just fail
Fixed an issue where some overlays were not showing in Manual Recording
Fixed an issue where sometimes the timeline width would be incorrect
Fixed an issue where audio settings were remembered after a guest logs in
Fixed an issue where multiple avatars would remain in the spectate viewer list
Fixed an issue where the spectate stream would freeze randomly after a guest signed in
Fixed an issue where the ping location was very off in some instances
Fixed an issue where the HUD was holding onto old messages between game sessions
Fixed an issue where Deep Integration pins were wrong when using Manual Recording
Fixed an issue to more accurately reflect the presence status of users
Fixed an issue where videos would record but not the audio
Fixed an issue around declining the UAC
Fixed an issue around screenshots not having a share icon or failed to copy the URL automatically
Fixed an issue where videos were taking up more space than they should have been
Plays App Update 2.1.6 (April 24, 2019)
Our biggest update yet!
- Plays can now record your desktop! Perfect for games that Plays couldn’t record before.
- Enable Desktop Capture in settings, then start/stop recording via the control on Home or a hotkey.
- Currently only works on desktop machines with NVIDIA graphics cards that are running Windows 10 (Additional platforms coming soon™).
- Now clips that you capture will be uploaded automatically as unlisted videos!
- These clips are stored on your account and can be accessed by any PC where the Plays app is installed.
- You can turn this feature on and off in the Video > Clips section of your app settings.
- There’s an all-new Home that provides quick access to all shareable content (previously shared videos, screenshots, and automatically uploaded clips).
- If accessed while playing games, you will see all the content that you’ve created during that session grouped and ready to share.
- You also have quick access to your profile and recording/spectate hosting status.
- Now you can share your clips and screenshots more easily with friends on Plays!
- Start the conversation 1-on-1, or with a group of friends. Hit the airplane “share” icon anytime you want to bring content into the conversation.
- Your “Sessions” view has been renamed “Recordings”
- We’ve added a “People” tab in the app navigation to show you all of your friends, following, followers, and pending friend requests
- Screenshots pasted into Discord, Slack, Twitter, and other social platforms now show a preview of the image
- A toast notification displays in the app when your friends are playing a game and spectatable
- Spectate viewers can now adjust the balance of host mic and game sounds volume
- Error messages that display as a red banner will now linger longer
- Twitch and Steam social sign in have been removed in order to simplify sign up and log in. Please use **forgot password** to set a password if you used these services to sign in
- Fixed an issue where screenshots could not be captured in some Unreal Engine 4 games
- Fixed an issue where Plays could not record OpenGL games
- Fixed an issue where spectate would pause when you changed tabs
Fixed an issue with recording as long as you update your drivers (2.1.6)
Fixed an issue where a banner now shows when drivers need to be updated (2.1.6)
Fixed an issue where some recordings didn’t have sound (2.1.6)
Fixed an issue where videos wouldn’t playback correctly (2.1.6)
Fixed an issue where certain users were not getting League of Legends Deep Integration pins (2.1.6)
Looking for past release notes? You can find them here
Plays App Update 2.1.3 (March 20, 2019)
- You can now take screenshots while gaming!
- Use the default F10 key to capture a screenshot while in game
- Screenshots are instantly sharable to your friends through the link provided
- Screenshots can be found in your Sessions tab, under “Screenshots”
- You can now record at an elevated state to capture games that run in elevated mode
- You can now log in with your email address tied to your Plays account
- You can now reset your password to your account if you only know your username
- You can now select which webcam to use when recording your webcam
- The application now has a minimum width so it doesn’t hide among your windows
- Improved spectate viewer to be more responsive
- Fixed an issue where audio was out of sync with the recording
- Fixed an issue around crashing while recording on AMD cards
Plays App Update 2.1.1 (February 27, 2019)
- Plays.tv now has a mobile app! Search for it on your mobile devices app store. Spectate your friends even while you’re away from your computer
- You can now change your username, but only once every 24 hours. To do so, edit your profile on the web
- You can now unbind any game accounts you currently have bound through your account settings on the web
- The add friends area will now remember if you collapsed it or not
- Fixed an issue around recording DX12 games
- Fixed an issue around longer clips
- Fixed an issue around recording larger resolutions
- Fixed an issue with reset password and certain emails
- Fixed an issue with shift clicking multiple videos
- Fixed a crash regarding users with AMD cards - Update 2.1.2
Plays App Update 2.1.0 (February 6, 2019)
- You can now import videos that were not created by Plays in order to edit and upload them
- You can now record your webcam atop of your gameplay footage
- You can now collapse the width of the buddylist
- We’ve added markers to the timeline in the video editor and improved timeline zoom functionality
- Fixed an issue around spectate stability on the viewer’s side
- Fixed an issue where keybinds were triggering slowly
- Fixed an issue around recording when using certain hardware (e.g. headsets)
Plays App Update 2.0.8 (January 16, 2019)
- You can now enable and use Push To Talk to record your mic only when you wish!
- Deleted videos (both manually and auto-managed) now are permanently deleted instead of taking up space in your recycle bin
- Improved sorting of buddies on the buddy list based on activity
- Improved help area for better self support
- Fixed an issue where recorded mic volume may be too loud or too low
- Fixed an issue where the Plays overlay would sometimes block game play
- Fixed an issue with keybinds when ctrl, alt, or shift were used
- Fixed various no-recording issues
Plays App Update 2.0.7 (December 26, 2018)
- Fixed an issue around recording while having certain headsets plugged into the computer
Plays App Update 2.0.6 (December 20, 2018)
- You can now adjust the volume of Spectate sounds in Settings!
- There’s a new landing page which now includes Spectate.
- Logging in while in someone’s Spectate session should also log you in for the rest of the Plays website, and vice versa.
- You can now plug in and/or remove your mic while hosting a Spectate session, and the session will adapt.
- Spectate now has improved logging so if you run into issues, head to Help and send in those Spectate logs, thanks.
- Fixed various states where Plays failed to record gameplay.
- Fixed various upload issues.
- Now waking your computer up from sleep no longer results in Spectate erroring out.
Plays App Update 2.0.5 (December 3, 2018)
- Spectate is now unlocked for all users! We hope you enjoy both Hosting and Spectating with your friends. For more information, check out our article.
- Even if you're not logged into your Plays account, you can now still spectate someone's stream.
- Added in a volume slider for the Spectate sound effects.
- We've made changes to help improve logging in and connecting social accounts.
- General improvements around Spectate.
- Improved performance around launching the app.
- Users who follow only games/champions will no longer see weirdness in their profile.
- Addressed some issues around laggy video playback.
- Alert banners now will not overlap the buddy list.
- Fix added to help with an issue where the Plays app would incorrectly state that it did not have a connection to the internet.
Plays App Update 2.0.4 (November 7, 2018)
- We placed in a fix that should help reduce the amount of Audio Desync occurring for most users.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 to crash when using Instant Replay.
Plays App Update 2.0.3 (November 6, 2018)
- Fixed an issue that was causing games to crash for users who were using an AMD GPU.
- We have received several reports of users who are experiencing what we call "Audio Desync", which is where the video and audio do not match in their timing. While there is no official fix in this update, we wanted to inform our users that we are still heavily investigating this problem and trying to create a fix as soon as possible.
Plays App Update 2.0.2 (November 2, 2018)
- For those who are Spectate enabled: Slower internet connection folks rejoice! We've implemented a responsive bitrate to help those with slower internet speeds as it will now detect and optimize performance automatically.
- Client should now retain it's minimized/maximized state even after playing a game.
- Older videos of League of Legends should no longer show a grey screen in certain cases.
- Fixed a bug where scanning your video folder would never end.
- The box art for a game should no longer show multiple times when playing a game with a long title.
- Users should now see confirmation when submitting a help ticket for Spectate in the app.
- We have received several reports of users who are experiencing what we call "Audio Desync", which is where the video and audio do not match in their timing. While there is no official fix in this update, we wanted to inform our users that we are still heavily investigating this problem and trying to create a fix as soon as possible.
Plays App Update 2.0.1 (October 11, 2018)
You may now see a new section in your Plays app that will let you see your friends! Friends will be suggested through existing connected social accounts with additional ways to connect with your friends coming soon.
- Added a loading animation for users waiting for profiles to load
- Ctrl + A will now select all sessions in the Plays app
- Improved In-game performance of DirectX 9 games that are running on Windows 10 October 2018 Update (version 1809)
- Fixed an issue around certain characters not showing correctly on the Friends and Followers pages
- Fixed an issue where upload progress could incorrectly be shown on another user's profile in the app
- Fixed an issue where users with only unlisted videos could see weirdness on their profile page
- Fixed an issue that could cause a user's videos to not all load on their profile in the app
- Made changes to the game detection system to more accurate detect the game being played
- Users' videos reflect the correct date stamp and no longer time travel
- No more "ghost" (deleted) videos should be appearing and "haunting" users
Plays App Update 2.0.0 (September 24, 2018)
- The Plays app is now out of Beta and is version 2.0.0! Even though it's out of Beta now, don't worry, we have plenty of enhancements and features coming in the future!
- Several backend improvements have been made to improve overall performance and pave the way for future features. Keep an eye out for these features coming soon!
- The size of the HUD is now optimized and fixed to a specific size despite the size of your window.
- You should no longer see "Videos of <your username>" when viewing your own profile. It should now correctly say "Videos of you".
Beta Update 0.3.8 (August 30, 2018)
The new Plays app is coming out of beta and will be rolled out to all users in late September. Click here to read more about what to expect.
- World of Warcraft's DX12 mode has been re-enabled for recording
- Fixed an issue with pixelated videos. Users who were affected and running GXT750 and GXT750TI should now see an improvement.
Beta Update 0.3.7 (August 13, 2018)
Hot Patch & Known Issue
- In Plays beta version 0.3.6, World of Warcraft Dx12 game sessions were crashing. In this 0.3.7 update, recording support has been removed for the Dx12 version of World of Warcraft. If you still wish to record Battle for Azeroth with the Plays beta, we recommend changing World of Warcraft to run in Dx11 mode. We are heavily investigating this issue.
- Note: This issue does not affect the Plays.tv legacy client
Beta Update 0.3.6 (August 9, 2018)
This release has been dedicated to making improvements on your recording experience. Thanks to those of you who contributed logs and feedback to help us resolve these issues.
- HUD: Continued to improve the new HUD to reduce game performance impact.
- Recording: Added recording optimizations to better support DirectX12 games.
- Video Uploading: We have fine-tuned the process to reduce failures.
- Fixed an issue where the Manage Games blacklisting tool wasn’t working for games that had a parenthesis in the file path.
- Fixed an issue where Alt-tabbing caused a strange flashing in some games.
- Fixed an issue where Nvidia GTX 1060 users reported some In-Game Lag/Stuttering which should now be reduced or eliminated.
Beta Update 0.3.5 (July 24, 2018)
- Blacklist/Whitelist: You now have better control over what games Plays records or not. Go to Settings > Advanced > Manage Options to add an .exe to record, or add to the Never Record list. Click here to learn more.
- We've added the ability to Sign In and Sign up for Plays with your Steam Social Account.
- We have made improvements so our HUD interacts better with more OpenGL games.
- Fixed a bug where green/black/gray screens were displayed in recorded videos, but audio was recorded as expected. This bug affected users whose machines do not meet the requirements for hardware encoding.
- Fixed an encoder initialization bug. Affected users may have seen "Something went wrong" error in the HUD that affected Software Encoding/HW LVL 4 users. Learn more about Plays support for Hardware Levels.
- Fixed a bug where sometimes Win 7 users would have some of their gameplay blocked by a black/white screen. A related issue persists where the HUD may not be available, but recording and gameplay should not be affected. If you believe your HUD is affected, click here to read more about Win 7 Aero Compatibility.
Beta Update 0.3.4 (July 9, 2018)
- Auto Manage Space: You can allocate how much space Plays can use to record videos. If you want to use it, go into Settings > Advanced > Storage to enable it and select your preferences. Click here to learn more.
- Enhanced Overlay: We've overhauled the tech that powers our in-game overlay. With that comes a few new capabilities:
- You can now enable or disable the in-game timer while a game is running. To do this, go into Settings > In-game Overlay and toggle the Display Elapsed Recording Time option.
- Added support for rigs that have Nvidia Optimus. We've added a setting you can enable so that you can now see the in-game overlay features, such as seeing the recording timer (above), Instant Replay, and more. Go to Settings > Advanced > Driver Support and enable the Nvidia Optimus Support setting. This will require you to restart the Plays app before the change takes effect.
- Social Sign-in: You can now Sign In and Sign Up for Plays with the following social accounts:
- We've improved the way the Sessions tab displays your Recording status.
- Fixed an issue with sharing to and connecting your FACEIT account.
Beta Update 0.3.3 (June 12, 2018)
- We have heard that some users have experienced inconsistency in getting recordings to capture, so we have made some improvements with this release and will continue to do so. Please send us logs if you are still having recording issues. If things are working better, we wouldn’t mind hearing that as well!
- We have made some optimizations to improve issues that users have reported with the app including the following:
- Initial time for the app to start
- Long delay when videos load in the app
- Instant Replay lag between trigger replay and display of replay
- Upload seems to timeout
- App appears “frozen”
- These issues were manifesting when users had many League of Legends or CS:GO videos. If you are continuing to have issues, please submit a ticket so we can investigate.
- Fixed an issue where running both MSI Afterburner and Plays would cause a game crash. Having MSI Afterburner running with Plays may currently cause issues with recording. We are investigating a fix.
- Fixed an issue for League Stats drawer, where sometimes the description wouldn’t show up when hovering over a champion.
- Fixed an issue for League Stats where when viewing a match, the “Refresh” button was not updating Game Stats data.
Beta Update 0.3.2 (June 4, 2018)
- We made some improvements for the ongoing support of League Stats, starting with this latest patch.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes Alt-Tabbing could cause a single frozen frame in recordings, with audio continuing behind the frozen frame.
- Fixed an issue when watching League replays, when the video is playing, you couldn't dismiss the League Stats window.
- Fixed minor issues on the League Stats graph, where sometimes the champion selected didn't properly update the color or label on the graph.
- Fixed an issue that was causing Instant Replay to crash for some games.
- Fixed an issue where sometimes after exiting the game, Plays wouldn't restore to the correct size.
Beta Update 0.3.1 (May 17, 2018)
- Introducing League Stats! You can now check out all kinds of important stats including Creep Score, Gold, Damage and more! Plays also has match summaries, the ability to run comparisons, and you can analyze both your and other players’ builds, all alongside your videos. Click to Learn More.
- You can now upload an entire video without first needing to create a clip! Thanks for your feedback, keep it coming.
- You will now get a notification if your upload will take a while, or is too big.
- Fixed an issue that was causing League of Legends to crash when Alt-tabbing.
- Fixed a conflict between the Discord In-game Overlay and Plays.
Beta Update 0.3.0 (May 2, 2018)
- We've made some infrastructure upgrades which is why you are seeing a jump in your version number from 0.2.6 to 0.3.0
- Minor Bug Fixes
Beta Update 0.2.6 (Apr 18, 2018)
- We've added a link to the Release Notes that you can find by navigating to the Settings > Help > About Section.
- We've improved the interactions on the timeline when you want to watch gameplay tied to an annotation that has a time duration associated with it (League of Legends automatic bookmarks and Instant Replay bookmarks).
- Fixed a bug where drive space taken by videos could be inaccurate in the app.
Beta Update 0.2.5 (Apr 10, 2018)
- Fixed an issue that was sometimes causing games to not record
Beta Update 0.2.4 (Apr 3, 2018)
- Minor bug fixes
Beta Update 0.2.3 (Mar 22, 2018)
- Minor bug fixes
Beta Update 0.2.2 (Mar 21, 2018)
We've made some improvements to help you better manage your video recordings!
- You can now click on the ellipses options and find a folder icon which can take you to the file location on your computer.
- You can Sort videos more easily with the new sort options:
- Newest First
- Oldest First
- Largest First
- Smallest First
- Longest First
- Shortest First
- You can filter your videos to see just videos from a specific game.
- You can decide to view your videos either in the original grid view, or the new list view.
- We provide you with an in-app message when you are approaching a limit to the space available on your hard drive that would cause you to not be able to record.
Improved how selecting multiple videos works using Shift+Left-Click on the Recordings tab.
Fixed a bug where the Master Overwatch integration login page was incorrect.
Fixed a bug where Alt-Tabbing for an extended period of time (~5 minutes) was causing recording to stop.
Beta Update 0.2.1 (Mar 6, 2018)
You can now watch what just happened while in game with Instant Replay! Also added in support for Windows 8.1 users.
Now you can share your clips directly to FACEIT from the beta.
Saved clips now include any bookmarks and data that the recording included
Plays now supports automatic recording and detection of thousands of games
You can now start the app in a minimized state
Improved the post game behavior-now when a new video is available, the task bar will indicate by blinking orange, but will not steal focus from your game or other apps
Made the timeline zoom feature and playback of automatic bookmarks more intuitive. Thanks for the feedback.
Fixed a bug where alt-tabbing in League of Legends caused crashing. Please be aware that Discord’s overlay may impact gameplay. See Riot’s advice on handling the issue here.
Fixed some bugs where in Overwatch, if Plays was running, sometimes mouse controls and sensitivity could be affected.
Beta Update 0.2.0 (Feb 19, 2018)
- You can now watch what just happened while in game with Instant Replay!
- Now you can share your clips directly to FACEIT from the beta
- Saved clips now include any bookmarks and data that the recording included
- Plays now supports automatic recording and detection of thousands of games
- You can now start the app in a minimized state
Fixed an issue where when you came out of a game, occasionally the app would appear frozen until you restart the app.
Fixed a bug where automatic bookmarks were not always appearing in the filters section of the timeline.
Fixed a bug where the delete video bar remained after deleting video, getting in your way!
Fixed a bug where after deleting a video, the message bar was not updating properly.
Fixed a bug where unlisted videos were incorrectly showing in the "My Videos" tab of the profile.
Fixed various Alt-Tab bugs.
Made Plays even more lightweight for recording your games.
Various upload enhancements to make uploading faster
Improved the post game behavior - Now when a new video is available, the task bar will indicate by blinking orange, but will not steal focus from your game or other apps.
Made the timeline zoom feature more intuitive. (Thanks for the feedback!)
Worked with Easy Anti-cheat to be whitelisted for their supported games. Please note, there may be a few they are still working on. Thanks for your patience!
Beta Update 0.1.9 (Jan 26, 2018)
This update had identical features to 0.1.8, but was a necessary update due to changes in the Microsoft App Certificate.
Beta Update 0.1.8 (Dec 14, 2017)
- Added in support for automatic bookmarks for League of Legends Custom Games.
- You can now see all your Notifications in the app.
- Added in support for automatic bookmarks on kills in CS:GO!
- Major engineering magic for improving upload speed.
As always, let us know what you think!
Fixed a bug where some users saw crashes for PUBG.
Fixed an issue where sometimes the app would freeze after closing a game.
Minor fixes on the Notes feature in the Replay Viewer to improve usability.
Fixed a bug where sometimes a weird URL would generate when you click 'Get Link' on a video page.
Fixed a bug where there was a weird flash on the login page when reloading in certain states.
If you experience any of these, please send us your logs so we can continue to investigate!
Improved how we handle Alt-Tabbing while in-game, and provided special care for Alt-Tabbing in League of Legends (no more black screen!).
Improvements were made to make chatting on your videos even better.
Improved the consistency of League of Legends automatic bookmarks being generated.
Added more responsive elements to make resizing the app smoother and work better.
Improved the Play Speed icon on our Replay Viewer--- did you know you can watch videos in "slow mo" or up to 4x faster?
Improved how data is retrieved for your League of Legends matches and let you know when you have hit a limit for requesting your data.
Improvements to the Client for smoother Updates.
Beta Update 0.1.7 (Nov 16, 2017)
We heard you! We added a message overlay so we can update you as we progress through the beta!
Added warning for when you are running another version of Plays so you won’t get conflicts.
In-app commenting is now available on your uploaded videos.
Viewing your videos in a browser is now possible by either grabbing the link or using the View video in browser option in the new ellipses menu.
You can also invite your friends to check out your video or send it to them via email.
Fixed an issue where Plays would sometimes appear to freeze when a user exited the game
Fixed an issue where sometimes your metadata wasn’t being uploaded when sharing a League of Legends clip
Fixed issues around League of Legends events displaying on your video timeline
Fixed an issue where in some cases alt-tabbing was causing bugsplats, freezing and crashing.
Fixed several issues that dealt with less than optimal video scanning, missing titles, and “Game Unknown” occurred.
Fixed a typo in Preferences. Thanks for finding it!
Fixed the default state when you have no videos recorded yet.
Improved how we handle background processes to reduce crashes. This will impact your settings. You should make sure you go back and set your preferences as we were not able to preserve them with this update.
Improved DX9 video capture performance for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update
Unlisted videos now load in your app faster with no prerequisite actions to get them to load
Previously created unlisted videos are now appearing in your folder, not just the new ones!
Added more robust logging and error reporting to help troubleshoot the issues you have been submitting to us!
League of Legends integration improvement to retry to get your match data if the League API isn’t fetching your data.
Improved the logic for what filters are displayed in what order, to help you better find those moments you are looking for.