Currently known issues
Modified on: Thu, 25 Apr, 2019 at 1:08 PM
Many known issues can be solved by updating Windows and doing a clean installation of latest video drivers. Please do so before reaching out to our team.
- Ensure you're on the newest version of Windows 7, 8.1, or 10.
- Plays is not detecting any games
- If a red bar with the message "LTC host process could not be found or spawned" is displayed in the Plays app, please quit the app and try to download Plays again then reinstall it. That should fix the problem. If the issue persists, please send a bug report.
- We are actively investigating this issue, please send a bug report from Settings > Help > ”Report a bug” in the Plays app.
- We are aware of an issue for NVIDIA users if you're on Windows 7. You can try to update to Windows 10
- These specific issues will prevent recording until a fix determined and released
- Plays is recording my video but not audio
- We are aware of an issue where if an audio device isn't being detected, Plays will record gameplay, but not audio. To fix this, check your audio settings and volume settings within the Plays app or ensure that a headset is plugged in before you jump into a game. Click here for more information about audio issues.
- Additionally, we have identified a compatibility issue with Asus Sonic Studio III, if you have that software running in the background, please try to close it temporarily until we find a fix for the issue.
- Plays is not recording your gameplay
- Bookmarks may be slightly off
- Sometimes in game bookmarks may be slightly off towards the end of longer (4+ hour) videos
- If you are playing CS:GO or League of Legends and using Manual Recording Mode, DI pins will be off. We are currently investigating this issue. Switch to Automatic Recording Mode for more accurate pins
- Blank error banner
- Sometimes a blank error banner will show. You can ignore this.
- Client offline
- Sometimes the client starts offline and cannot recover. Simply restart the app in order to fix this for now
- League of Legends DI
- LoL players on the updated game patcher (April 2019) are unable to get LoL DI data (e.g. kills/deaths/assists pins) at this time.
- If your LoL game contains an AFK player (a player that did not buy any items or did not level any skills), you will not get LoL deep game stats. We're working on a fix for this.
- Missing HUD
- We are aware that some games on AMD machines are missing overlays and are working on a solution
- Green Screen Videos
- We are aware that some games on AMD machines will appear in a green screen and working on a solution
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.